Mold exhaust is so important, you don't even know?
Time：2019-05-10 11:30:57 / Popularity： / Source：
- Filling speed of product is slow, which affects filling speed and causes material to cool, especially thin-walled parts, which is not conducive to rapid filling of product;
- Pressure inside mold is large, and internal stress is formed on the product, which is a factor causing deformation of product and poor surface brightness;
- Temperature at the end of product flow rises sharply under high pressure, causing problems such as burning of product and fragility of welded joint;
- Causes temperature of material to rise, carbonization, formation of rubber powder on the surface of product, and defective products;
- Continuous high temperature of mold forming surface has a great influence on service life of polycarbonate injection molding.
To prevent and solve above problems, only mold exhaust is solved. However mold exhaust is also technically work. It must not be taken lightly and must be taken seriously. So how should we design and process venting groove?
2. Choice of venting position and depth is also important:
A. Do not design venting groove according to product size and wall thickness at a certain distance near gate. Because pressure near gate is large and pressure holding time is long, it is easy to form a cloak;
B. Depth of venting groove should not be same. Gate should be centered until material flow end and it should be gradually deepened. If material overflow value is 0.05MM, it can be designed as near gate area to flow end and gradually be 0.01, 0.015, 0.025, 0.03. Product flow end can even be designed to 0.05MM or deeper, and venting groove can be designed according to product wall thickness and injection pressure. Many plastic molding plant often afraid of trouble to design and process into same depth, which it is also wrong.
4. Venting groove must be designed at the end of runner and deep enough.
5. Mold inserts should be made into exhaust groove as much as possible, inserts should be designed as far as possible under deep ribs and deep grooves, and exhaust groove should be designed. Otherwise, filling defects and product gas trapping will be caused.
6. Structure of slider is also designed to be exhausted like a mold core, and design rules are same as those of mold core;
7. Exhaust groove must be designed at the location of product weld line, and depth of exhaust groove should be large;
8. For some thin-walled parts, because filling speed is very fast, it is necessary to make a complete exhaust sheet on the surface, and exhaust depth should be well grasped;
9. Some polycarbonate injection molding obviously made exhaust system but poorly exhausted. What happened? Please check if exhaust gas you have made is not open to atmosphere. If exhaust groove cannot be connected to atmosphere, it will become ear of scorpion. Especially insert venting is ignored by many people. This is very noteworthy;
10. Exhaust section in front section of exhaust sump is preferably 0.8~1.5 from product. It must not be too far away. Back end is deepened to above 0.5 and is open to atmosphere.
9. Do exhaust vents have to be properly polished, isn't it done by many people? Why does venting groove need to be polished? Because hot air is often discharged with some plastic dust, venting groove is too rough to hinder dust discharge. Glue powder sticking to venting groove will hinder venting and is difficult to clean;
10. Venting tank must be cleaned regularly. It is not to clean product after product has gone wrong. Mold maintenance should be cleaned up and even cleaned every shift.
- Analyze auto door molding process and its manufacturing process of plastic injection moulding from a05-20
- Instructions for selection of injection moulded parts and materials05-17
- Design Points of Automotive Lamp Mould that you must to know!05-15
- What is the difference between WEDM-LS, WEDM-MS and WEDM-HS?05-13
- Mold exhaust is so important, you don't even know?05-10