What are types of special silicone?
Time：2020-02-21 15:01:22 / Popularity： / Source：
Special silica gel is mainly divided into following types according to requirements of use:
1. Antistatic silica gel:Surface resistance of anti static silicone can reach 5 to 9th power Ω of 10. It has excellent anti-static performance. It is widely used in manufacture of suction cups, rubber rollers, buttons, seals, mobile phone jackets, wrist bands, game handles, electronic device trays, keyboard protective film, protective cover for mining instrument housing, miscellaneous parts and other anti-static silicone products. Antistatic silica gel also has multi-functional models with flame retardant, high and low temperature resistance, high rebound, foaming, etc., to meet special needs of more customers.
2. High temperature resistant silica gel:
High temperature resistant silica gel is mainly customized for products operating under high temperature conditions. It is mainly divided into two categories: high temperature resistance of 300 ℃ and 350 ℃. It can be used under high temperature conditions for a long time without deformation, anti-aging, and good resilience. It can manufacture suction cups, electronic device trays, miscellaneous parts, pipes, oven seals, high temperature resistant protective sleeves and other high temperature resistant silicone products.
3. High temperature resistant flame retardant silicone:At the same time, it has properties of high temperature resistance of 250 ℃ and fire resistance to reach US UL-94V0 level. Options are available for products with stringent safety regulations.
4. Fire-resistant foam silicone:It is a fire-resistant foam silica gel. Foaming rate can reach 300%. After vulcanization, it becomes a soft elastic material with foaming volume is three times original size;. It can be used to produce flexible silicone rubber products such as mannequins, insoles, shoulder pads, patches, non-slip pads, etc. Manufacture of all kinds of wire and cable jackets, hoses, flame-retardant foamed silicone strips, all extrusion or calendering flame-resistant foam silicone products.
5. Low temperature resistant silica gel:Low temperature resistant silica gel is designed for products that can keep working under extreme cold conditions. Its performance can maintain long-term operation when temperature reaches -70℃, it has high tear resistance, good resilience, not easy to yellow, and feel good. This product can be molded and extruded, can also be used to manufacture silicone products such as suction cups, electronic device trays, miscellaneous pieces, pipes, cold storage room sealing strips, ultra-low temperature protective sleeves and so on.
6. Conductive silica gel:Conductive silica gel is widely used in many fields such as electronic appliances, mobile communication, medical care, air transportation and so on. Difference is that insulation properties of ordinary silica gel are modified to special silica gels with conductive or even super conductive functions. Surface resistivity of conductive silica gel can be customized from 0.5 to 2000Ω* cm. It is widely used in various types of zebra strips, conductive black particles, conductive pens for mobile phones and notebooks, manufacturing sensitive capacitive screen mobile phone pen tips, shielding materials, conductive straps, conductive silicone tablets, conductive silicone pads, etc.
7. Liquid silica gel:Special liquid silicone rubber mainly has two types: flame retardant foam type and mold silicone. Mold silicone also has excellent characteristics of high temperature resistance of 350 ℃. It is mainly used to make food molds, such as candy molds, cake molds, metal crafts, precision molds, toys, alloy vehicles, large cement components, sandstone sculptures, gypsum products, molds, rubber sheets, rubber wheels, etc. or for special purposes.
8. Oil resistant silicone:Oil resistant silicone is specially developed for plant-resistant olive oil, safflower oil, makeup remover oil, motor oil, grease, mineral oil, fuel oil, ASTM test oil, brake fluid and other oils. It is widely used in oil-resistant products such as sealing plugs, kitchen utensils, mobile phone keys, working gloves, oil-resistant jackets, and miscellaneous pieces. At the same time, it also has characteristics of heat resistance, cold resistance, acid and alkali resistance, corrosive gas, and water resistance.
9. Self-lubricating silicone oil:Products made of oil-extracting silicone can continuously self-penetrate during use to achieve special properties of self-lubrication, which makes product have higher sealing performance and longer service life. At the same time, it has excellent functions such as dust resistance and anti-adhesion. It is widely used in manufacture of lubricating silicone products such as seals, pump plugs, hydraulic plugs, and miscellaneous parts.
Last article：Headphone jack connector molding design Next article：Production experience of two shot injection molding
- This article can solve most of your questions about internal stress of injection molding products02-19
- Injection moulding machine tuning skills11-07
- Weld Line defect analysis and troubleshooting09-18
- Analysis of common faults in hot runner system09-16
- 24 mold processing standards summarized by injection molding expert!09-10
- Relationship between injection pressure and speed04-09
- Defects + Cause Analysis + Solutions for Injection Products04-08
- Optimal design of ejection mechanism for injection mold of internal thread cap04-07
- High-power LED lamp bead lens classification04-06
- Introduction of properties of commonly used plastics, related parameters and functions of injection04-03