You must be clear about two-color injection molding technology for car lights!
Time：2023-11-07 11:39:32 / Popularity： / Source：
1 Definition of two-color injection moldingMulti-color and multi-material injection molding process refers to combining several kinds of plastics into multifunctional parts in a manufacturing process or a production unit. This technology uses a variety of materials for injection molding, combines characteristics of different materials in molding process for assembly or other suitable bonding methods to improve functionality and aesthetics of product, provide meaningful saving potential and new design possibilities for product manufacturing.
2 Necessary conditions for multi-color injection moldingMatching materials for multi-color injection molding must meet two basic compatibility conditions, namely, adhesion compatibility and processing compatibility.
Multi-color injection molding also puts forward new requirements for injection equipment. As far as injection unit is concerned, parallel co-directional, parallel opposite, horizontal and vertical L-shaped, and Y-shaped co-directional single-cylinder injection structures can be used. As far as mixed nozzles are concerned, special nozzles such as patterns, waves, flow marks, gradients, and interlayers can be selected. As far as clamping die is concerned, standard type, vertical turntable type, horizontal turntable type, shaft type, manipulator rotation type and other mechanisms can be selected.
One of key factors of multi-color injection molding is variability of computer control program. Because even same type of multi-color products, if different mold designs are used, different electronic control programs must be used.
3 Multi-color molding technology for car lightsWith development of national economy, automobile industry has become a pillar industry of country. Rapid development of current automotive industry has put forward higher and higher requirements for automotive lighting.
4 Material and process characteristics of car lightsA car lamp is generally composed of a base and a lamp shell. Material of base is usually a thermosetting material-BMC (bulk molding compound). Lamp shell can be processed from materials such as PMMA, PP, ABS, etc., usually in two or three colors. In production process of two-color car lights, special attention should be paid to injection part of two-color injection molding machine. Center distance of two screws corresponds to center distance of two-color mold. In addition, following important points need to be paid attention to:
1. Influencing elements of stable forming of car lights(1) Control unit response: too long switching point, noise interference, unstable command output, unstable temperature;
(2) Noise of hydraulic system: unstable pressure, valve positioning quality, hysteresis, and changes in tubing damping;
(3) Differences in mechanical systems: oil seal leakage, damping, friction differences, screw check valve positioning, and check effect;
(4) Uneven plasticization: differences in plasticization quality;
(5) Mold temperature control.
2. Frequently Asked Questions in Design of Plastic Tube Groups for Car Lights and Tail Lights(1) Screw does not feed when idling;
(2) Torque required by screw is too large to rotate;
(3) Plastic has not completely melted;
(4) Screw measurement is unstable;
(5) Uneven plastic mixing;
(6) Low-temperature molding plastics are easy to rise in temperature;
(7) There are bubbles in molded product;
(8) It is easy to spit black and turn yellow in molded product;
(9) Screw is easy to corrode, wear, and has a short service life.
3. Main design focus of screw barrel groupPlastic plasticizing screw barrel group is heart component of injection molding machine. It is responsible for transportation, melting, mixing, metering and other functions of plastic raw materials. Therefore, plastic plasticizing screw is closely related to quality of molded product.
Main purpose of improving plasticizing screw is to:
(1) Improve effect of shearing and mixing;
(2) Uniform mixing;
(3) Improve plasticizing ability;
(4) Ensure uniformity of melt temperature.
4. Design key points of special screws for taillights(1) L/D ratio: 21~23;
(2) Surface roughness must be extremely smooth to avoid material accumulation;
(3) Increase corrosion resistance of plating layer thickness;
(4) Compression ratio: 2.3, feed section: about 50%, compression section: about 30%, metering section: about 20%.
5. Countermeasures for poor light emission(1) Scorching-reduce injection pressure, multi-stage deceleration injection, and mold vacuum;
(2) Silver pattern—dry plastic pellets thoroughly, increase back pressure, lower melt temperature, and reduce rate of fire;
(3) Bubbles-increase back pressure, lower melt temperature, use a dehumidifying dryer, and increase gate or runner size;
(4) Bonding line-increase melt temperature, increase filling speed, increase exhaust and mold temperature;
(5) Burrs-increase clamping force, reduce filling pressure, and lower melt temperature;
(6) Shrinkage-uniform thickness design, increase pressure and time of holding pressure, and replace check valve.
- Injection molding defect form, this is too comprehensive! Please forward to each other12-04
- Key Points of Injection Mold Design for Light Guide Column of Medical Therapeutic Instrument12-02
- How big is role of hot runner, you will know after reading it11-30
- Injection mold exhaust mode11-29
- Finite element analysis and topology optimization design of fixed mold plate of injection molding ma11-28